If you are a doctor researching malpractice insurance or other professional liability insurance types, we can help. We have a team of independent insurance agents that can provide valuable insight into the many different types of medical malpractice insurance available to you. We have vast expertise and experience that is beneficial in aiding you to find the best coverage for your needs at affordable prices.
When it comes to finding doctors the right insurance policy that best covers their specialty and livelihood, we have a vast array of resources that can help you.
Save on Doctors Liability Insurance
Call (866) 703-0853
We Are Licensed Professionals
As licensed professional independent insurance agents, we know exactly what to do to provide doctors with the most comprehensive professional liability insurance coverage to meet their needs. We have an experienced team of researchers who use cutting-edge technology to find doctors the exact type of malpractice or professional liability insurance coverage to suit their practice and the type of patients and procedures they work with every day. We leave nothing to chance when it comes to helping doctors find the best professional liability insurance coverage. Call us today to start the process.
Why Doctors Need The Right Professional Liability Insurance
Professional liability insurance covers doctors when patients or their loved ones file claims alleging doctors or other healthcare professionals were negligent and failed to provide them with the proper care for their injury, ailment, or disease. Some patients allege the care, treatment, and procedures the doctor recommended or performed led to negative short-term or long-term effects or even death. Even when the doctor is found innocent of the allegations, they must still pay tens of thousands of dollars for effective legal representation. The right medical malpractice policy will cover that.
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Are Very Expensive
Most doctors are careful, meticulous, well-trained, and very good at their specialties. They are out there every day, working hard to prevent, treat, and cure a wide range of illnesses, diseases, and injuries and save people’s lives. Sadly, a Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine study found that in the United States, medical malpractice death is a top 5 reason Americans die. As a result, medical malpractice lawsuits are common and very expensive. Doctors without medical malpractice coverage are often forced to go out of business due to a patient using them.
How We Can Help
As independent insurance agents, we can show doctors where to find great rates and the most comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage and how considering multiple carrier options can offset medical malpractice insurance costs. As independent agents, we have the freedom and advanced skills to shop around so that we can find each doctor the best coverage possible at excellent rates. We take the time to look into the vast array of possibilities available for doctors in the insurance marketplace and show doctors the best suited for them. This frees them to focus their precious time on helping and healing people and saving lives.
The Price Of Medical Malpractice Insurance
The price doctors have to pay for comprehensive medical malpractice insurance varies depending on their area of specialization. Heart surgeons who deal with patients that
are at greater risk for dying should an error occur, have to pay more than podiatrists.
Insurance companies use risk factors to assigned dollars amounts to the cost of medical malpractice coverage. They use actuaries and hard data on a doctor’s experience and prior lawsuits to determine a doctor’s risk level and set the price for providing them with malpractice insurance coverage. Independent insurance agents can find doctors
the best, most affordable malpractice insurance coverage.
Save on Doctors Liability Insurance
Call (866) 703-0853
Common Types Of Professional Liability Insurance For Doctors
There are several types of professional liability insurance doctors use to protect themselves and their practice from lawsuits. The most common types include:
- Medical Malpractice
- Umbrella Liability Insurance
- Property Coverage
- Business Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Doctor Disability Insurance
Here’s a closer look at each one.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice insurance is a type of professional liability insurance designed specifically for health practitioners. This type of policy provides doctors with the coverage they need should they be sued because medical advice or incorrect performance of a procedure results in the unnecessary injury, illness, or death of a patient.
- Umbrella Liability Insurance: In addition to a doctor’s primary liability policy, umbrella liability insurance will pay any costs above and beyond the amount their primary liability policy will cover.
- Property Coverage: A property coverage insurance policy helps doctors pay to repair any damage to their
office buildings caused by fire, severe weather, theft, or vandalism. The policy can also cover office gear, special medical equipment, and other expensive items.
- Business Liability Insurance: Doctors can be held liable if patients are injured on the doctors’ property. Having business liability insurance provides coverage if the injured person decides to sue
the doctors for their injuries and pain and suffering.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance: As long as they have employees, doctors, and all other employers must have workers’ compensation insurance. This type of insurance ensures injured employees can collect wages during the time they are recovering from injuries suffered on the job. When doctors offer workers’ compensation insurance, it limits employees’ rights to sue the doctors if they are injured at work.
- Doctor Disability Insurance: Also known as body parts insurance, this type of insurance is designed to provide doctors with income if they injure their hands or have an accident that leaves them disabled and no longer able to perform surgeries or provide any other form medical
treatment. Doctor disability insurance enables doctors to maintain a good quality of life.
Independent Insurance Agents Work For You
As independent insurance agents, we work for doctors. We help them identify the insurance coverage they need and find the best, most comprehensive, and cost-effective policies available.